There are four ways to think about your overall approach to consulting and offering agency services. Here they are, in equal order of importance:
Value trumps fee
2 measures of improvement:
- objective (profit, margin, sales market share) and subjective (stress reduction, lighter workload) business improvement
- the speed of improvement – the quicker you can improve their condition, the more valuable you are.
Charging by an hourly fee: You can charge more by being slow. That’s an unethical consulting model.
Your time equals money
4 ways to reduce your time investment
- Deal only with decision makers. owners
- Set up processes for your work – onboarding / kicking off clients, deliverables, and for follow up (monthly meetings)
- Use the client’s resources.
You must create conceptual agreements with the client
- Agree on objectives – Overarching goals such as sales, showing up on page one of Google, new website look, beating...